08 October, 2013

Macabre Makeup #1: Michelle Phan

Watching Halloween makeup tutorials is one of my favorite rainy day activities.  I've seen some really incredible things, so I thought I'd share my favorites with you.  Hopefully, these will give you a little push and through the inspiration you find along the way, you can unleash your inner character! 

First up on the hit list is Michelle Phan.  She's known for putting out quality videos with clear, concise instructions and unique ideas.  I've used several of her tutorials to improve my own makeup application. Since she started releasing videos, Ms. Phan has become quite the dynamo.  I urge you to check out her You Tube Channel and website for details.  It's no wonder our first video is one of hers.

This Zombie Barbie video is my favorite right now, but overall, I think she has some of the best anime and manga tutorials on the internet...and with the rising number of anime, manga and jpop costumes Ive seen in the last few years, I think there's a lot to be learned from Michelle Phan (if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well...).

Now, for the video:


Pretty great, right?  Go check out Michelle Phan, if you're not already familiar with her.

Video property of Michelle Phan.

No comments:

Post a Comment